Five yachts entered the event. At commencement of racing there was hardly any wind, but as the first pair reached about half way up the lake wind strength increased and the direction changed from northerly to westerly, giving a 3 leg beat up the lake with a run back to the Clubhouse. Conditions were then excellent and these small yachts with their short fins were comfortable in 2nd suits of sails. Four heats were sailed before lunch break. Afterwards the wind strength had increased considerably with some yachts now over-canvased. The last heat was completed and it was decided not to sail a further round.
Thanks are due to Carl, Mike and Paul for acting as mates during the event.
- 1st Peter Whiteside – 15 points
- 2nd Eddie Greenwood & Eric Watkinson – 13 points
- 3rd Martin Pritchard – 12 points
- 4th John Plant – 6 points
- 5th Peter Jackson – 4 points