In order to comply with Government rules and guidelines and the terms and conditions of our insuranve policy, the clubhouse, as stated earlier, is closed. To enforce this a new, temporary, padlock will be put on the front door, probably on Friday 22nd May. Any member wishing to enter the clubhouse, in exceptional circumstances only, must contact a keyholder, as below, to arrange a suitable date and time. When the guidelines are relaxed and when there are suitable sanitizing facilities in the club then it may be re-opened, provided that we can conform to any further restrictions that are in force. New keys are held by: President; Commodore, Treasurer; Secretary.
The FMYPBC is adhering to Government advice and remains closed to members for the purposes of model boat sailing. It is committed to the safety of its members and the public during this period of uncertainty.
The current position is that
1. The lake itself is open and our members can always, as part of their daily exercise, drive to the lake and sail their boat remembering the rules of social distancing. However, they must do this as a member of the public together with other members of the same household, or one other person and not congregate as a group.
2. The clubhouse, in line with other sports clubs, e.g. golf and tennis clubs, remains closed. Members must not enter the clubhouse until the lockdown is relaxed by the Government and the appropriate sanitisation products have been installed.
3. Members are always asked to act responsibly during the coming months and show respect to one another and to the public maintaining social distancing.
4. The water level in the lake is exceptionally low which will make the sailing of boats virtually impossible. The club have been advised that it requires an 8.5mtr tide to operate the pump and these high tides are not due until the 4th June. Further information will be posted in due course.
5. A word of caution – If a claim is made and the club/member involved is in contravention of the current legal or government regulations then the indemnity provided by the insurance is invalid
It seems there is to be no relaxation in the ‘Social Distancing’ rules for quite some time so until we have some clearer guidance all events are still cancelled. Your committee will review the situation as and when further guidance from the government and the MYA is available and any decisions will be posted here.
UPDATE: We have now been in the draws for 3 weeks and 34 tickets have been bought by 11 supporters. We should achieve our initial target of 50 tickets in four weeks but surely we can do better. We have not had any winners yet but it is only a matter of time. In the meantime club funds have been boosted by £17 and the prediction is that this will increase to almost £500 for a full year at the current support level. It could so easily be £1000; so if you haven’t yet subscribed, think about it.
Wyre Council has started a community lottery. It takes place every Saturday and tickets cost £1. Of that, 50p goes to the community group selected when the ticket was purchased. There has been one lottery so far, prizes were nothing particularly exciting but the lottery is advertised with the slogan ‘your chance to win £25000’. It doesn’t say when or how frequently.
More information on the lottery can be found here https://www.wyrelottery.co.uk/home/howitworks
Fleetwood MYPBC has been accepted as a community group and if every member was to buy 1 ticket per week then the club would amass approximately £2500!! Any such monies received by the club will be ring fenced and used to improve the facilities of the club.
If you or your friends and family wish to partake in this lottery and raise extra funds for the club then buy your tickets using this link. https://www.wyrelottery.co.uk/support/fleetwood-model-yacht-club
To remain in this scheme we have to achieve 50 tickets in the first four weeks so forget the National Lottery, give this a try.
I have just been informed that Brian passed away on January 24th. he had been unwell for some time and recently was admitted into a care home suffering from dementia. Our depest sympathy is extended to his wife and family.
We have been notified that the MYA has cancelled all its scheduled events for twelve weeks and it recommends that all its affiliated clubs should consider similar action. Similar advice is also coming from the government.
It has been decided, therefore, after consultations between committee members, that all events in the FMYPBC calendar and year book are cancelled with immediate effect until further notice.
Saturday 15th March 2020
Still awaiting report but here are the results and the final table for the series.