A blog for this event can be seen at https://8daysofaclass.home.blog/
Many thanks to Tony Wilson for finding the following article in Model Ships and Power Boats issue October 1950 (cost 1/-, that’s one shilling to anyone under 48!) Could there be a young Eddie G in that crowd of observers?
Another weekend passes with more Vane A Class action @ Fleetwood. There is a nice report and pictures on Yachts and Yachting from Tony Wilson:
Good evening model yacht racing fans! Tonight we present a video of the recent A-Class Championships. It was very good, by all accounts.
There is no getting around it… This is big file and it might take a while to stream/download/watch but hopefully, its worth it… these were some Classic Fleetwood Vane A Conditions™ … One for the ages. Thanks to Bob Jolly for sending the footage in.
We’ll also be dropping another massive gallery of pictures soon (when your internet has calmed down)
More great pictures have come in from the Parkingtons, this time the PRACC weekender which took place a few weeks back, featuring the awesome A Class this time with electronic waggly bits. I’ve stolen a few images for the website and the rest can be checked out here
Final report has been posted on Yachts & Yachting by John Taylor, check it out here
And another reminder about Mike Parkington’s epic flickr gallary here:
Updated with this fine report from Peter Whiteside:
- 1st David / Robert Bell, 83pts
- 2nd Peter Whiteside / Eddie Greenwood, 73pts
- 3rd Martin Roberts / Bernie McNulty, 68pts
- 4th Shawn, Lewis, Graham Wyeth, 66pts
- 5th Arjan Van Der Cidel, 63pts
- 6th David / Amber Geldard, 58pts
- 7th Peter Fothergill / Andy Fernie, 50pts
- 8th Robert / Thomas Walsh, 48pts
- 9th Damian Ackroyd, 46pts
- 10th John Taylor, 43pts
- 11th Anthony Warren / Lester Gilbert, 35pts
- 12th Rob / CJ Vice, 24pts