Lever Cup Saturday 4th June 2016
There were 3 entries and one round was sailed.
- 1st John Plant / 6 points
- 2nd Eddie Greenwood / 5 points
- 3rd Peter Jackson / 4 points
Leech Cup Saturday 20th August 2016
There were 5 entries and one round was completed in torrential rain and strong winds. Smallest suits of sails were used throughout and even these were almost too much for these small boats to handle when the wind freshened even more during the afternoon. For the last 2 heats beats only were sailed, to reduce the possibility of damage to yachts and competitors.
After Heat 4, three yachts had the potential to win the event. Eddie had 11 points, Martin and Peter W each had 10 points. In the last heat Martin beat Eddie and
Peter J beat Peter W, resulting in an overall win for Martin. Final scores were:
- 1st Martin Pritchard / 13 points
- 2nd Eddie Greenwood & Eric Watkinson / 11 points
- 3rd Peter Whiteside / 10 points
- 4th= John Plant / 3 points
- 4th= Peter Jackson / 3 points
Five yachts entered the event. At commencement of racing there was hardly any wind, but as the first pair reached about half way up the lake wind strength increased and the direction changed from northerly to westerly, giving a 3 leg beat up the lake with a run back to the Clubhouse. Conditions were then excellent and these small yachts with their short fins were comfortable in 2nd suits of sails. Four heats were sailed before lunch break. Afterwards the wind strength had increased considerably with some yachts now over-canvased. The last heat was completed and it was decided not to sail a further round.
Thanks are due to Carl, Mike and Paul for acting as mates during the event.
- 1st Peter Whiteside – 15 points
- 2nd Eddie Greenwood & Eric Watkinson – 13 points
- 3rd Martin Pritchard – 12 points
- 4th John Plant – 6 points
- 5th Peter Jackson – 4 points
This was the first of the planned “Club” races for 2016 season and took place Saturday 19th of March.
There were 5 entries. The wind was fairly light, so top or second suits of sails were used by the competitors. One round was sailed. The “Bye” boat crew acted as mates for the 2 pairs sailing, to supplement the efforts of the 2 “newly recruited mates to vane sailing”, Ian and Mike.
Results as follows:
- 1st Peter Whiteside – 90%
- 2nd Eddie Greenwood and Eric Watkinson 53%
- 3rd John Plant – 45%
- 4th Peter Jackson & Mike – 30%
- 5th Martin Pritchard & Ian – 27%
The next Vane 36-R event is scheduled for Sat 23rd April.